Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is an scsi controller, and how do I figure out which one I have?

I am installing linux on an old computer, and it can't find my hard drive. It wants me to select my scsi controller, but I can't figure out which one i have. PLEASE HELP!What is an scsi controller, and how do I figure out which one I have?
SCSI stand for Small Computer System Interface, which is sub system on your computer,it is responsible for interface between some device as printer, hdd,cdd even through network. It's very expensive need a SCSI card and SCSI device. So to determine which one you have,just open the case looking for SCSI card that your HDD connect to then read the text on the largest chip on the card. It will the you which card you have,write the information to a piece of paper. Then chose then card in list that appropriate with the info in the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment