Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do I figure out what I'm supposed to eat?

I recently started exercising again after many years (and many pounds) of not doing anything. I'm training for a 60 mile breast cancer walk and doing quite well. I'm on week 12 and I've lost 20 pounds, but I'm REALLY tired - totally exhausted - some days. I'm sure it has to do with what/how I eat. How do I figure out what I'm supposed to be eating? I don't have good habits to build on, and when I do the ';diet'; thing, I can barely function. I need to know how many calories I should be eating to continue to lose weight, but also support my training and HOW I should get those calories - protien, carbs, etc.





I can't go to a nutritionist, unfortunately. Is there a website someone can recommend, maybe?How do I figure out what I'm supposed to eat?
If you go to a site like nutrifit.com you can get an account and calculate your nutrition info for free to see where you might be falling short--fiber, carbs, vitamins, etc. Other than that, I would just say to eat as naturally as you can--healthy fats like olive oil, cereals and breads that aren't too processed, etc. Also, if you are working out a lot you might need more carbs than you think. Working out too much--especially too much cardio--can make you tired also.How do I figure out what I'm supposed to eat?
Try a high protein high carb diet. It will give you false energy. Or try going vegetarian. It sounds weird but I went veggie and I had never felt better. I dunno the whole ';what to eat'; thing eludes me too. Good luck!
You should look at the food pyramid or whatever it is today that they are using to show you how to get a balanced diet.





Most likely you are exhausted because you are not getting enough calories. You can determine your calorie needs by consulting a chart for your height and weight.





You really shouldn't be losing more than two pounds a week if you are doing a healthy weight loss plan.





The how stuff works website has a very good article on diet and weight loss.
Im sure by going to google and typing what you want you can get some links.





i would xDD but im kindof lazy right now sorry
i have found that 30% of your diet from low fat meat, chicken and fish are the best, 30% from complex carbs, like whole grains, avoid bleached items and simple sugars, and 40% from veggies and fruits, keeps me energized and up for my dayly workouts. Also grazing through the day is good, eat small meals through the day 5 to 6 times rather than having 3 large meals. Not sure what your current weight is so don't feel it to be wise to reccomend a certain amount on the calories. Also with any weight lose be sure to flush your system when your body starts to shed storied fat it as releases toxins and your body needs water to be able to flush it out of your system. Also you may want to look into Eating for your blood type. There are a few books out there that lay it all out on what is best for your body that way you can feed your body what it needs to run at its prim.


Hope this was helpful, and great luck to you in the weeks to come.


Blessings!
Just eat alot of non fried meat, then after you ate work it off. But dont do that everyday, you should eat low fat noodles (if they have any) without so much salt. I'm not very good at this stuff so...








Also, i say this commercial about this energy drink called 5-Hour Energy. You should use that when your training.
Check out the discussion boards on the Mens Health or the Womens Health websites. You'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about what to eat, what to avoid, when to eat, how often to eat, how much to eat...get the idea?





http://www.menshealth.com/





http://www.womenshealth.com/
First of all, a huge congrats on losing 20 pounds. Way to go!





I would say the best rule of thumb is to eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Avoid anything with white flour or white sugar, anything deep fried or with too much oil. Aim for whole foods- like sprouted breads ( can be found in any health food store) whole grains like brown rice, bulgur, whole wheat. Avoid to much sugar and animal products, expecially those high in fat .





One of my favorite foods when I'm in need of an energy boost is tempeh. It can be found in the refrigerated section near the tofu at the health food store. I fry it lightly in a tiny bit of olive oil until crispy then sprinkle on a little bit of soy sauce. It's also great on top of a salad to make it more filling.





I would recommend reading :


Never Be Sick Again: Health Is a Choice, Learn How to Choose It by Raymond Francis


or


Never Be Fat Again: The 6-Week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cycle by Raymond Francis and Michelle King
  • How do you add message boards to a website
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment