Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I find the perimeter of a figure using decimal approximation to the nearest thenth for the sq. root?

I also need to know how to figure the perimeter using the sum of a whole number and square roots. This is for my 8th grader.. I don't think I ever learned how to do this!!How can I find the perimeter of a figure using decimal approximation to the nearest thenth for the sq. root?
What sort of figure? My best guess, based on the amount of information that you have given us, is that you need to break up the figure into triangles (and rectangles, presumably). Then you would use the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the length of the hypoteneuse of the triangles. That's where you would use the decimal approximation of the square root.





This would make most sense if you have something like a paralellogram. By drawing lines to connect the corners, you'd create a rectangle and 2 triangles. They'll probably give you enough information to figure out the length of the other 2 sides.
  • How do you add message boards to a website
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment