Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you figure out how to put this in standard form?

The standard form would be ax + by = c but if the problem is 2y = - 3x + 4, how do I figure out how to put this in that standard form? I'm told in standard form, it is 3x + 2y = 4 but I'm still struggling how they figured that out.How do you figure out how to put this in standard form?
OK my free gift to you


Program to plot Figures on Screen ...





Unzip this file


http://in.geocities.com/siddharth_bhatta鈥?/a>





RUN ';FIGPROG.EXE';





Have Fun ...How do you figure out how to put this in standard form?
Pretty much you just move the -3x to the other side. Since it is subtracting on the one side you have to add it to the other side. The way I used to remember it was that I would add 3x when I moved it to the other side so then it would equal 0. That has helped me but other people it didn't help. You just use the opposite sign when you move it to the other side. (Addition and Subtraction)

No comments:

Post a Comment