Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can someone give me an example of the figure of speech prosopopoeia?

I am doing a project where I have to find examples of figures of speech in comics, and the examples on online encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. are not helpful. Can you give me an example that might help me?





I just need a better example so I can try to find it. Thanks!Can someone give me an example of the figure of speech prosopopoeia?
It is just where a person speaks as though he/she were someone else.





Children sometimes do this at play. A child may pretend to be his father and a girl may pretend to be a mother. Sorry, but I don't know of any comics that have an example of this. I rarely read comics.





Sometimes comedians will speak for someone else to make a point.





Lawyers may use this technique in court pretending to be the voice of the dead victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment