Saturday, December 26, 2009

Looking to figure out what type of cat I have?

I recently took my newest cat to the vet and she was nice enough to help me figure out what kind of cat she was. All three of our cats were rescues. That makes it really hard to find out what type of cat/ breed they are. I'm wondering if there is a site out there that can help you figure out what breed of cat or even dog you have when you have a mix?Looking to figure out what type of cat I have?
You can try browsing this site: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds.html


Maybe you will see your cat in there somewhere.





Though I would say most cats are just so far mixed that breed does not really exist anymore...Looking to figure out what type of cat I have?
These cats are called mongrels, moggies, domestic cats, non-pedigrees etc. They are no breed.
Can you post a photo? I can help you identify the colour and pattern since my breed comes in pretty much every colour and pattern imaginable.





Rescues are usually mixed breeds, although they may resemble some pedigreed cats. Some of the MOST STUNNINGLY beautiful cats I've ever seen are mutt rescues.
Most strays would be either domestic short hairs or domestic long hairs. If they have blue eyes as adults, they usually have siamese or ragdoll mixed in. Siamese mixes are also very talkative. If they are long haired and very large then they are probably part maine coon.

No comments:

Post a Comment