Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I figure out the cost of living a month? I've asked around to people I know that have there only places

but everyone is giving my crazy amounts in the cost of living! I Just want a small break down so I have a rough idea what I'm getting myself into. Not including RENT...there's 2 Adults and I child(2yrs. old) in a 2 bedroom Apartment...How much am I looking at for Ulits. %26amp; food ect.??? Thank You for all your help!How do I figure out the cost of living a month? I've asked around to people I know that have there only places
You can call the utility companies and ask for their budget plan amount for specific properties. That will give you an exact monthly amount. Don't forget phone, cable, water %26amp; sewage, internet, car payment, gasoline, student loan, car insurance, renters insurance if any of these apply to you. Renters insurance is really cheap. My car insurance actually stayed almost the same when I added renters ins. because of the two policy discount.


Food and other expences like toiletries are really up to you. I would keep a log of everything you buy from Oct. 1 to Oct. 31 and that will give you an estimate of your expenses.


There is also a kind of start up cost when you first move out like deposits on the apartment which are usually one months rent and utility startup fees. The place will need things like furniture, dishes, curtains and other household items.


The small expenses were the most suprising to me, small things like toothpaste, paper towels, a broom or vaccum, ice cube trays, condoments like ketchup and salad dressing. These small expenses really pile up when you have to buy them all at once.


One good excercise is to imagine the apartment room by room and write down everything that is in each room down to the smallest detail.


Good luckHow do I figure out the cost of living a month? I've asked around to people I know that have there only places
Where do you live? What do you like to eat? How tolerant are you when it comes to temperature changes?





That is only 3 of maybe 20 questions that would need to be answered.
You can check out the current IRS expense standards that cover different income levels and locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment