Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How did you figure out what to do with your life after you graduated from college?

I am a recent college grad and am finding the transition into real life to be much more difficult than I had thought. I graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration, but have no idea where to go from here! Can anyone give me some advice?How did you figure out what to do with your life after you graduated from college?
Informational interviewing is the best way to get this kind of information and make valuable job contacts at the same time. Almost nobody seems to do this, so it will put you a mile ahead of everyone else if you follow through. Your college career center or alumni association can probably help you identify alumni who also majored in business administration and provide their current employers and job titles. Write or e-mail those whose jobs seem interesting and ask if you can meet them for a 15 minute informational interview. Ask about their work--what do they like best, worst. What a typical day or week is like. What previous positions did they hold. Don't ask them for a job--just information. But if they ask you for your resume, you can send it later.How did you figure out what to do with your life after you graduated from college?
I asked myself what I wanted to do, and that was I loved writing and sharing my opinion. Then I asked myself how I could do that. I started blogging, and with some help from a friend launched a hugely successful blog. Never looked back. Good options include starting your own bussiness, look for jobs that use your degree (look beyond sites like ';Monster'; and go to real head-hunters) or get a graduate degree. You could probably get an MBA, and that really helps in the real world. Another piece of advice: Don't be afraid to go big. Don't let other people tell you your idea is stupid (my father told me I'd be begging him for a job). No harm can come in going for the gold. Good Luck
Just be strong coz you ll need it all ....


look inside the news papers and talk to your friends coz lots of times our own friends know that there is a job opening so they can keep you in mind and let you know as soon as something pops up....


real life is tuff but i guess that's why studies are tuff too.......
You need to catch on as an entry-level employer with some business company 鈥?starting as intern if necessary. Don't be too proud to take Night Shift Manager at McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment