Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I figure out if my instructor gave me the right grade in math?

5 exams= 60%- only taken 2 so far


Final Exam=20%


everything else=20% =100%


(hm-wk, quizzes, handouts)


How do I figure out my percentage from each category?How can I figure out if my instructor gave me the right grade in math?
What? You gave us the percentages? You fail.How can I figure out if my instructor gave me the right grade in math?
It depends how many points each exam is worth... unless they are all worth the same you need to do some extra work:





If they are all the same, average them and say A is your test average.





If not, take your text grades in fraction form: so a/b , c/d , e/f . g/h. i/j and calculate the percentage like this : (a+c+d+g+i)/(b+d+f+h+j). This will be called B... if the tests are not worth the same.








Now: your total grade will be this





.6A+.2(Final exam percentage)+.2(Everything else percentage)





If the tests are worth the same. If not, then it will be:





.6B+.2(Final exam percentage)+.2(Everything else percentage).








Example: your tests are all worth the same, and you score an average of 80% on the tests. On your homework, you score 95%. On the final, you manage to get 92%.





Your total Percent will be:





.6(80)+.2(92)+.2(95)= 85.4
You have 3 categories. Convert each into a percentage grade.


Then do a weigted average of the percentage grades





.6 x (5 exam grade) + .2 * x (final exam grade) + .2 x (everything else grade)





This should be your overall percentage grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment